A prayer

I remember, a little prayer
With a heart most sincere, I did offer

Little, for a few words i did utter
Little, for I didn’t ask for more

A prayer which brought many a tear
A prayer which came in the way of my anger

A prayer which didn’t let the curse out
A prayer which choked my throat when i wanted to shout

A prayer that revealed me to myself
And said to me, “You are just a hypocrite stuff”

I came to accept of my limited capacity
Else how could have i lost myself in the city

I didn’t speak but still, a little attention, i did seek
Also did I seek little remembrances, which my limits did not let me speak.

For i felt, truth is rewarded with apprehension and, honesty with suspicion
Which cast a doubt in my beliefs and left hanging as a suspension.

And one fine day i talked to the moon
And she listened, and everything became fine

I see the road ahead with a mind very clear
And i start walking, with a smiling face and bit of laughter

I have come a full circle
But more mature and more sensible

And i still remember the little prayer
With a heart most sincere, i did offer

Once again i say the same prayer
That wished, you get what you desire